When it comes to deep cleaning carpets there are a lot of options. One out-dated option is to drive to the store and rent a shampooer, buy expensive solutions and make several trips paying huge fees.
This article examines the other option, buying your own machine for a price that makes it more cost effective. The Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet is an upright carpet cleaner that gives you everything you need to clean your floors with ease.
Who is the Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Made For?
- 1 Who is the Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Made For?
- 2 Why Buy a Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet?
- 3 Specifications
- 4 Breaking Down the Hoover Power Scrub Elite
- 5 What I Like About this Floor Cleaner
- 6 What I Do Not Like About This Model
- 7 FAQs About Hoover Power Scrub Elite
- 8 Conclusion
The Hoover Power Scrub is not for everyone. However, for those that are the target audience, you will have a machine capable of cleaning like never before.
- You have a lot of carpets that are in high traffic areas.
- You want to keep your carpets looking new and smelling great at all times.
- The hassle of renting a shampooer is not something you look forward to.
- Larger homes with wall to wall carpet and less time.
- Shedding pets and muddy paws are common in your home.
Why Buy a Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet?
When you want to clean your carpets, shampooing is one of the oldest and most relied upon methods for cleaning deep into the fibers to loosen, lift and remove dirt, dust and debris. Hoover has made floor care products for decades and has perfected the craft.
While it isn’t something you will use every day, it will pay for itself after the first couple of uses and your carpets will look and smell as fresh as the day they were installed.
See here how it compares to other best selling carpet shampooers.
Let’s take a look at the specifications and details of the Hoover Power Scrub.
|Suction Type||Dual V|
|Tank Capacity||1.25 gallons|
|Accessories||2-in-1 antimicrobial brush & rubber nub tool, Accessories bag|
|Current Price||See Current Pricing on Amazon|
Breaking Down the Hoover Power Scrub Elite
Each component and feature of the Hoover Power Scrub Elite is designed to clean your carpets, remove pet hair and get deep into the carpet fibers. How well do these features actually work? Let’s find out.
There are two brushes on the machine that rotate 360 degrees in counter-rotating fashion. These brushes are removable, too which aids in clean up and maintenance. The brushes, though, are made to agitate the carpet and lift dirt.
For this, they work really well and you will clearly be able to see where you have cleaned and where you haven’t. The brushes get down to the base of the carpet fibers on all carpet types, including high piles.
If you want to clean stairs, upholstery or other hard to reach areas, you can use the extension hose and nozzle. The DualV nozzle uses two suction channels to create a constant, even flow of suction power to lift debris from surfaces.
Because the nozzle is clear, you also get to see any debris removal or even clogs that might happen (though extremely rare). Clean up is easy, too as you can rinse the nozzle out in your sink.
Wash, Rinse, Heat
There are three modes for cleaning your carpets and the machine. With the two tanks, the clean water goes out during washing mode to mix with the detergent (see below) and clean your floors.
You can also use the optional heat mode (called HeatForce) to add hot air directly where you are cleaning. This speeds up the drying time, but does require you to clean at a slower pace.
When you are all done, you can place the machine in rinse mode. This mode pushes the clean water through the machine and tanks to remove any detergent or debris or other residue so your unit stays clean and ready to go for the next round.
The Hoover Power Scrub Elite uses tap water and detergent to clean your carpets. The reservoir tank holds 1.25 gallons of water that gets mixed with the detergent as you use the machine.
You don’t need to pre-measure or mix cleaning solutions anymore. The Power Scrub does all the work for you. The mix result is based on how fast or slow you clean to provide you with the perfect mixture at all times.
While it may not seem like a big deal, this helps you conserve the cleaning solution and not get left with soapy carpet, which is common when using other shampooer machines.
Pet Hair and Debris Clean Up
The Power Scrub Elite was designed for homes with pets. It comes with two cleaning modes (quick and deep clean) and powerful suction to get pet stains, hair and odors out of carpet and upholstery.
For pet hair and light odors, the quick clean mode will be sufficient. It won’t saturate your carpet and you can get rid of most traces in just a couple of passes.
For tougher stains, urine and odors, the deep clean will apply more water, more detergent and get deeper into the fibers on each pass. The result is a spotless, odorless carpet you can once again be proud of.
The Hoover Power Scrub is a bit lacking when it comes to accessories. You get a flex hose that extends up to 8 feet. This is great for cleaning the couch, chairs and even stairs. However, it isn’t stored on the machine so you will need to take it off, clean it out and let it dry before putting it away.
The other tool you get is a combination tool that has 3 parts. The DualV nozzle is used with the hose and can also be used to scrub stubborn stains using the rubber nub insert, or to fluff and clean upholstery with the brush insert.
You also get a carrying bag for the hose and tools which is great for storage. Just make sure nothing is wet before you put it away.
What I Like About this Floor Cleaner
There is a lot to love about this carpet cleaner. Here are my favorite things.
- Dual tank system for clean and dirty water, each holding 1.25 gallons.
- Detergent is a post mix so you don’t have to measure or guess.
- Two cleaning modes.
- Removes pet hair, stains and odors from every surface.
- 8-foot flex hose makes cleaning stairs and furniture a breeze.
- HeatForce option reduces carpet drying time.
- Rinse mode helps reduce cleaning and maintenance of the machine.
What I Do Not Like About This Model
Not everything is perfect, of course. There are a few things I found lacking with this machine.
- Lack of tools and accessories.
- 20-foot power cord is a little small for whole-home cleaning.
- The D-shaped handle can get uncomfortable after a while.
FAQs About Hoover Power Scrub Elite
Now, I will answer some of the most common questions about the Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet. If you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to use the comment section below the article.
Q. What is the difference between the Power Scrub Elite and Power Scrub Deluxe?
- The biggest difference vs the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe is the addition of the quick-clean mode on the Elite model. This model also has other internal improvements to help the rinsing, motor speed and suction power. The Deluxe model is a bit cheaper, but is also an older model with less power.
Q. Can I use any detergent with this machine?
- You don’t need detergent at all, but if you do decide to use them, you should use only Hoover cleaning detergents. While other detergents may work, the post-mix technology can become clogged with other detergents. The use of other types may also void your warranty.
Q. I have multiple types of carpet, will this unit handle them all?
- The brushes on the Power Scrub Elite Pet are free-floating. This means that they adjust automatically to the carpet level. Whether on low-pile carpet or high-pile and shag, the heads will adjust to get the best clean possible.
Q. Do I have to vacuum before using the Hoover Power Scrub Elite?
- It isn’t a requirement to vacuum before shampooing your carpet. However it is recommended. The machine will collect dirt, debris, pet hair and anything else you clean up. However, the less work it has to do as a vacuum, the more it can do as a shampooer. A quick vacuum and then cleaning with this machine will give you the best results.
When it comes to shampooing and deep cleaning your carpets, you have choices. One of those choices is the Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet. Designed for homes with high traffic areas, messy pets and odors.